Interactive learning can now be accessed at home! All children have their own personalised login and password for Purple Mash, Yumu, MyMaths and Spelling Shed, where tasks have been assigned. Your child can also access White Rose without a login and access the Y2 maths curriculum with weekly lessons including video help and work sheets. Please click on the online learning link below. If you encounter any problems, please contact school and a staff member will help you.
In addition, it is expected that all children read everyday, continue to practise spelling common exception words (see attached document) and practise their 2, 5, 3 and 10 times tables.
Thank you for your continued support
Week Beginning 29.6.2020
Hello Year 2!
This week in maths we are looking at time. There are tasks set on Purple Mash and on MyMaths. You will find also find a worksheet below. You do not need to print this off, just write the times the clocks are showing into your green exercise books. Have a look at https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zhk82hv before you start the tasks for time.
There is a fun Supermovers video to help you with time https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks1-maths-telling-the-time/zk4t8xs
There are also some time games and other maths games on https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/measures
Please keep practising your times tables including the 2, 3, 5 and 10 times tables.
In English this week we would like you to read a book and then complete a book review, a dictionary of new words you have read and write a letter to a character from your book. You will find these tasks on Purple Mash. Remember there are lots of books you could choose from on the oxford owl website
This week for history we would like you to research Mary Seacole. Who was she? Where did she live? What is she famous for? You will find some information on https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zg7n2v4 and there are a couple of tasks to complete on Purple Mash.
Over on Spelling Shed, the focus this week is the -ing suffix. Have a look at the fun Supermovers video to help you https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks1-english-prefixes-and-suffixes-with-monty-mole/zm2rhbk
Make sure you continue to read daily, there are lots of books available on the oxford owl website https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
When you have finished a book you can write a book review in your exercise book or on our class blog and you can let all your friends know what you have been reading!
Keep up the hard work and stay safe.
'How can food be transported from field to factory/shop?' (DT focus)
- Can you design your own model to transport food from a field to a factory/shop? Include labels of the parts and which materials you will need.
- Can you create your construction using different materials from around the house including box models?
- Can you make your construction move? This may be just part of it or all of it.
- Can you think about how you might improve your construction?
- Can you explain what a healthy diet is?
- Can you draw a plate and include healthy food to create a meal for your family?
- Can you draw and label how to stay safe on roads, rail and bicycles?
- Can you learn the words for some different animals? For example, a dog = un chien. When learning the words can you draw the animals in your green book and label with the french word?
Our Science this half term continues to focus on plants. Have a look on the BBC Bitesize website for more information, videos and activities to support learning. Below are a list of suggested activities to complete in your green exercise book.
- To draw and label the parts of a plant
- Research and describe what plants need to survive.
- Identify how bulbs and seeds grow into mature plants.
- Identify plants, flowers or trees that grow in this country and research plants that can be found in other countries.
If you have any issues please email the school office or access your class blog on Purple Mash. Thank you for your continued support
Time W/C 29.06.20
A story to help children if they feel worried about Coronavirus.
Road Safety / Garden Worksheet
Beating Your Worries- some great ways to keep your mind healthy!
Year 2 Summer 1 Homework Menu
English home learning booklet
Talk for Writing home booklet by Emma Caulfield and Pie Corbett.
This year, I know how much you have enjoyed reading a new story, creating a story map with actions, re-telling the story and then changing parts of it to create your own story. You did some fantastic pieces of work like this for Jack and the Beanstalk and The Firebird. Emma Caulfield has created a home learning booklet with some great reading and writing activities which I have attached below. You can work through these activities over time maybe one or two a day. I know some of you don't have access to a printer but you can still complete the activities in your green exercise book. Just make sure to include the long date and title 'English' at the top underlined. I hope you enjoy these activities :)
Keep safe and keep smiling :)
The Year 2 Team