Go through the PowerPoint with your grown-up. What shapes do you know?
Can you learn the 2D shape song with your grown-up? Can you add in your own actions?
Explore the 2D shape game - can you match the correct shape to the shape monster? Can you name all the shapes? How many sides do they have? How many corners do they have?
Let's get creative using shapes!
- Can you make a train using rectangles, circles and squares?
- Can you make a rocket using rectangles, triangles and circles?
- Can you make a house? What shapes do you need?
What else can you create using 2D shapes? What shapes have you used? How many different shapes did you use?
Make sure you put it in your home learning book to show us when we next see you!
Play ‘Guess the Shape.'
Can you describe a shape to your friend or family member? Don't forget to say how many sides and corners it has. E.g. "It has 4 sides that are the same length. It has 4 corners. What am I?"
Who can guess the most shapes correctly?
Let's make 2D shapes!
- Can you go into your garden or a park near your house and collect some sticks, pebbles and leaves? What 2D shapes can you make using these materials?
- Which shapes are the easiest to make using sticks?
- Can you make a circle out of sticks?
- What other materials can you use?