The Busy Bees offers a nurture provision for children in Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3. All of the work we do is based around The Six Principles of Nurture, which are:
1. Children's learning is understood developmentally
2. The classroom offers a safe base
3. The importance of nurture for the development of well-being
4. Language is a vital means of communication
5. All behaviour is communication
6. The importance of transition in children's live
(Nurture UK, 2020)
By following these principles all the work we do is challenging but individualised to the needs of each child. We work on individual and group targets and develop skills through a range of activities that are based around a specific book. For this term (Spring 2) the book we are using is called Giraffe Problems by Jory John and is focussed on friendship, self-confidence and resilience.
During this time of uncertainty and school closures Miss Townley and I would love to support your children and your family. We have therefor compiled a list of activities, resources and useful websites for you to access and use during this time. We hope you enjoy these shared learning opportunities with your children and as a family. J
Please click on the attachments below to access activities and links to online learning.
We wish you well and hope to see you soon