Welcome to The Busy Bees from Miss Polyak and Miss Townley.
"Don't worry, bee happy."
The Busy Bees offers a nurture provision for children in Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3. All of the work we do is based around The Six Principles of Nurture, which are:
1. Children's learning is understood developmentally
2. The classroom offers a safe base
3. The importance of nurture for the development of well-being
4. Language is a vital means of communication
5. All behaviour is communication
6. The importance of transition in children's live
(Nurture UK, 2020)
By following these principles all the work we do is challenging but individualised to the needs of each child. We work on individual and group targets and develop skills through a range of activities that are based around a specific book. For this academic year 2019/2020 the children have shared and learnt from the following books: